The Physicians and Staff at the Stratford Family Health Team are bound by law and ethics to protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
We collect, use and disclose your personal health information to:
- treat and care for you;
- get payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others);
- plan, administer and manage our internal operations;
- conduct risk management and quality improvement activities;
- conduct research;
- gather statistics;
- follow legal and regulatory requirements and
- fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law.
As a patient of the Stratford Family Health Team, we have your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information as it relates to your care as noted above. Your written or verbal consent may be required for reasons other than noted above.
You have the right at any time to remove your consent to disclose personal health information. You will be required to sign the appropriate form which will be forwarded to the Privacy Officer.