Join the Stratford Family Health Team!
The Stratford Family Health Team is celebrating our 10 year anniversary as a collegial group of 16 physicians, NP’s, RN’s, dieticians, pharmacy, chiropody, social work, psychology and administrative staff. Together we care for 25,000 patients.
Currently there is an opportunity to assume the practice of a physician retiring in the summer of 2018. The practice is entirely electronic with 1700 well managed patients. He is willing to consider continuing to practice on a part time basis for a period of 6-9 months to support the new practitioner, if interested. Existing staff are available to continue on in the practice and all office equipment will remain.
ALLIED HEALTH PROVIDERS’ CAREERS
Care Manager, Psychiatry
The Care Manager, Psychiatry, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, coordinates the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the collaborative care mental health clinic.
Job Description and Primary Responsibilities
- Conducts physical and psychiatric assessments and makes appropriate referrals to psychiatry
- Conducts bio-psychosocial assessments and develops individualized treatment plans in partnership with the client
- Assists the client in developing and using skills, supports and resources that will promote recovery and enhance quality of life
- Provides counselling using best practice and evidence-based approaches (e.g. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Psychosocial education, etc.)
- Offers psycho-education and support to clients and families impacted by mental illness
- Monitors medication effectiveness, complications, and side effects
- Arranges and follows up with required lab work
- Provides symptom education to enable individuals to identify their mental illness symptoms
- Consult and work in collaboration with psychiatrists, physicians and other community partners/resources
- Responsible for booking patient appointments with psychiatrists
- Provide patient reviews at the beginning of the day and revision at the end of the day
- Ensure appropriate, comprehensive treatment is delivered by maintaining complete and accurate medical records
- Working in a professional manner that demonstrates integrity, respect, and valuing the diversity of staff, patients and individuals
- Working in a manner that preserves confidentiality and seeks to minimize risk
- Maintaining competence, and where applicable, a professional license to practice
- Contributing to the Team’s efforts to secure and maximize resources for current and new programs, services and activities
- Contributing to the Team’s activities to collect, analyze and report on data and relevant information, and participate in research
- Contributing to the Team’s practice of orienting and training new staff and staff development activities
- Supporting student and volunteer placement programs
- Participation in Team activities including meetings and committees
- Incorporating and strengthening collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork
- Working during regular and extended hours of operation in locations identified by the Team
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Nursing or a Masters of Social Work
- Minimum of three years community mental health experience preferred
- Ability to establish strong therapeutic alliances with patients
- Current knowledge of psychotropic medication and an awareness of medication side effects
- Demonstrated skills in treatment modalities including Psychosocial rehabilitation and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Completion of mental health assessment tools and the ability to interpret results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
Applicants should submit resumes to email@example.com. We thank all applicants but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.