Join the Stratford Family Health Team!
The Stratford Family Health Team is celebrating our 10 year anniversary as a collegial group of 16 physicians, NP’s, RN’s, dieticians, pharmacy, chiropody, social work, psychology and administrative staff. Together we care for 25,000 patients.
Currently there is an opportunity to assume the practice of a physician retiring in the summer of 2018. The practice is entirely electronic with 1700 well managed patients. He is willing to consider continuing to practice on a part time basis for a period of 6-9 months to support the new practitioner, if interested. Existing staff are available to continue on in the practice and all office equipment will remain.
Position: Registered Practical Nurse
The Stratford Family Health Team Team is group of 15 physicians, nurses, dietitians, pharmacy, social work, psychology and administrative staff and provides over 25,000 people with comprehensive, patient-centered care.Come join us so that together we may enhance our primary healthcare services.
The primary care nurse assists physicians and patients during office visits which includes but is not limited to triaging and patient assessments, immunizations and other injections, BP monitoring, assisting with office procedures, booking tests and explaining same to the patient, patient education, health prevention and promotion, clarifying physician instructions to the patient.
The Stratford Family Health Team is currently seeking an RPN for a full-time position, who has the skills and interest to provide comprehensive nursing care as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Demonstrates competence within the full scope of practice of an RPN
- Knowledge of College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) Standards of Practice
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Knowledge of primary care delivery of Family Health Teams (asset)
- Experience working in a family practice, community or primary health care centre (asset)